How to rename the app package name?
- In your Project panel, click on the little gear icon ( ).
- Uncheck / De-select the Compact Empty Middle Packages option.
- Your package directory will now be broken up in individual directories.
- Individually select each directory you want to rename, and:
- Right-click it.
- Select Refactor.
- Click on Rename.
- In the Pop-up dialog, click on Rename Package instead of Rename Directory.
- Enter the new name and hit Refactor (do not forget to check Search comments and strings and Search for text occurrences).
- Click Do Refactor in the bottom.
- Allow a minute to let Android Studio update all changes.
- Note: When renaming
comin Android Studio, it might give a warning. In such case, select Rename All.
- Now open your Gradle Build File (build.gradle – Usually app or mobile). Update the
applicationIdin the defaultConfig to your new package name and Sync Gradle, if it hasn’t already been updated automatically.
- You may also need to change the
package=attribute in your manifest, if it hasn’t already been updated automatically.
- Clean and Rebuild Project.