- Log in to your Google account and go to Firebase console following this link: https://console.firebase.google.com/.
- Click Add project.
- Fill project name field and click Continue.
- Enable Google Analytics for your project if you want (it is not necessary) and click Create project.
- Wait until your project is created then click on Continue.
- You are in the Firebase dashboard now. Click the Android icon.
- Fill the Android package name field and click Register app.
- Click on the Download google-services.json button and:
- Go to your Android Studio project and switch to the Project view.
- Copy the google-services.json file you just downloaded and paste it inside the app folder overwriting the existing file.
- Finally, go back to Firebase and click Next.
- Add Firebase SDK. (Skip this step).
- Click Continue to console.